PROFESSIONAL LEARNING COMMUNITY
PLC Schedule (2017-2018)
Professional Learning Community (PLC) General Info
Each grade level (teachers only) will be assigned a day of the week during the school day to participate in weekly Professional Learning Communities (PLC) to discuss/share/plan & collaborate with one or more of our Coaches:
- Gr. K-2 Curriculum Coach (Regina Yamamoto)
- Gr. 3-5 Curriculum Coach (Ashley Shinn)
- STEM Coach: Project Lead the Way & Science (Liane Tanigawa)
- Gr. K-5 Technology Coach (Jill Higa)
- PLCs will be held in your designated Grade Level Teacher Collaboration Room
- Coaches will come to your Teacher Collaboration Room
- Teachers, please be on time to all meetings unless the resource teacher is late
- Teachers are expected to take minutes (in Drive) and come prepared
During PLC your students will be receiving services from various Resource Part Time Teachers. Resource teachers are highly dependent on the individuals we are able to hire. Resources may include specialty areas such as:
- Hawaiian Studies
- All resource teachers will report to your class to pick up/service students . At times, pick up locations may be at recess.
- If resource teachers are late, please call the front office to notify them so arrangements can be made as needed. In events that someone is absent and no coverage can be found, you may be asked to stay with your class until the next scheduled rotation.
- Resource teachers (PTTs) do not give grades, however, they will be asked to provide you a progress check for each student in the following areas: PE, Music and Hawaiian Studies.