About Student Showcase
During Student Showcase week, each teacher will submit at least 1 piece per student to showcase art integrated with writing to be on display in the cafeteria. The Showcase uses three-fourths of the cafeteria. Modified lunch seating will be shared later. Classes visit the showcase to view student work and write "Happy Grams". Parents are also invited to visit the showcase and are encouraged to write "Happy Grams" too. Check the Master Calendar to learn when Student Showcase will be for the upcoming school year.
What's a Happy Gram?
- Every student has at least one piece in the showcase. Student may have a maximum 2 pieces in the showcase and one of the two pieces must be a group project.
- Maximum size of Individual piece is 12” x 18” (finished)
- Maximum size of Group piece is 18” x 48” (display board)
- 3D pieces are acceptable
- All pieces must integrate writing and some kind of visual art
- Optional -- Incorporate Suggested Grade appropriate Artist study
- Gr. K: Wassily Kandinsky, Piet Mondrian
- Gr. 1: Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, Vincent Van Gogh
- Gr. 2: Vincent Van Gogh, Henri Rousseau, Oaxacan Animals
- Gr. 3: Roy Lichtenstein, Paul Klee, Van Gogh & Matisse (Review)
- Gr. 4: Claude Monet, Alexander Calder
- Gr. 5 George Seurat, Frank Lloyd Wright, M.C. Escher
- Every piece is labeled with student’s first name and last initial, and grade level. Jill will be making your labels for your products. Please affix the labels to your student products before sending.
- Standards need to be posted next to work (one for the class/grade level). Please send a printed copy of the standards with the student work.
- No rubrics are posted.
Past Student Showcase Videos
2017 Student Showcase Samples